GirlyGlam Makeup Artistry
Terms & Conditions...
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LEAD PERSON ON THE BOOKING (EG; THE BRIDE) TO MAKE THEMSELVES FAMILIAR WITH AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS . PROCEEDING WITH ANY BOOKING WILL CONSTITUTE AN ACCEPTANCE IN FULL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
MINIMUM BOOKING REQUIREMENTS & DATE EXCLUSIONS
- BRIDAL: On Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays from 1st April to 30th September, all Bank Holidays and from 24th December to 1st January, there is a minimum booking requirement of £190 excluding travel fees. Bookings that don’t reach the minimum will still be charged at the equivalent minimum cost.
- OTHER BOOKINGS: A minimum booking requirement of £50 excluding travel fees applies to all bookings more than 20 miles from the artists home.
- Bookings that don’t reach the minimum will still be charged at the equivalent minimum cost.
- Promotional offers exclude Bank Holidays and dates from 24th December to 1st January.
- A date cannot be held without a non refundable booking fee and may be reserved by another client. Dates are given on a first come first served basis. In addition to reserving your chosen date, your booking fee also covers the cost of administering your booking including responding to emails, invoicing and time spent making arrangements for your appointment/s.
- BRIDAL: A non refundable booking fee of £50 is required to secure all Wedding Day bookings, including last minute bookings within 14 days of your wedding date. This is then deducted from your final balance. The trial element of any booking must be paid for in full on the day the trial takes place. The amount due is detailed on your invoice and will be notified to you in advance of your appointment. Your booking fee may not be used in payment or part there of for a trial. The remaining balance must be paid no later than 14 days before the date of your wedding. If your bridal booking is to take place within 14 days of the date of agreement, full payment of your balance is due on completion of your trial appointment. You are strongly advised to ensure you are covered by a Bridal Insurance Policy as unfortunately no refunds can be given in the event you cancel your booking or part thereof within 14 days of your wedding.
- OTHER BOOKINGS: A non refundable booking fee of £20 is required to secure all Occasion Makeup & Hair bookings and the Basic Makeup Lesson.The Advanced Makeup Tuition is payable in full, in advance of the course. A non refundable booking fee of £10 is required to secure any Lash/ Brow treatment/s valued at £20 or more, with the balance due on the day of treatment.The trial element of any booking must be paid for in full on the day the trial takes place. The amount due is detailed on your invoice and will be notified to you in advance of your appointment. Your booking fee may not be used in payment or part there of for a trial. The remaining balance must be paid by the date specified at the time of booking.
By paying a non-refundable booking fee, you are agreeing & accepting GirlyGlam Makeup Artistry's business terms and conditions and entering into a legally binding contract.
The price of services booked is fixed from the moment you pay your non-refundable booking fee. Therefore, if a new offer or pricing structure is released, this will not be applied to your booking if your non-refundable booking fee has already been paid. All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system.
One invoice per booking will be issued. The contract is with person who makes the booking and changes can only be made by that individual. That individual is also responsible for all payments being made by their due date and for any cancellation fees.
Payments for all bookings can be made by bank transfer or in cash. As of 1st January 2013, cheques are no longer accepted.
Failure to make payments within the agreed time frame, may result in the cancellation of your booking. A late payment fee may be applied at a cost of £10 per email, letter or phone call.
- Travel is charged at 45p per mile after the first 20 miles.
- Any applicable parking charges will be added to your invoice. Where possible you will be notified of cost in advance, otherwise you will be notified of the relevant cost at your appointment.
- A second artist may be required if time constraints mean there is not enough time for one artist to get everyone ready in the available time or if the venue has access time constraints.
- If a second artist is required, travel expenses will be worked out using the formula described above.
- Trial appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, & Friday mornings where available and take place at the Studio in Gorleston. Other days may be available off peak but are allocated on a first come first served basis
- If your make-up and/or hair appointment is taking place at your home or venue, please ensure you have adequate space and light to accommodate your artist. A hard back chair or stool of equivalent height plus a hard surface such as an uncovered table or kitchen counter should be made available, along with access to plug sockets and a sink with hot water and soap for hand washing. Only the artist and client must be in the room as much as is practically possible.
CHILDREN & PETS
- With regard to small children and pets, the products and equipment that the artist carries with them are very valuable, more seriously some may be toxic if ingested.
- During your appointment, responsibility and control of your child or pet lies solely with you, the client. As such GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry takes will accept no responsibility for loss, damage or accident in these circumstances.
- Damage to products and equipment caused by children and pets will have to be paid for by the client.
COVID-19, MEDICAL CONDITIONS & ALLERGIES
- Due to Covid19, your consultation form including standard medical questions will now need to be completed prior to your appointment and will be emailed separately via Faces Consent, a completely safe and GDPR compliant platform. If there is more than one person in your party, an email address will be required for each member (parent/guardian if client is under 18)
- Clients with very sensitive skin may provide their own makeup for the artist to use but no discount or assurances on longevity or performance can be given.
- We try to take photos of our work to keep out portfolio up to date as this helps future clients in choosing their makeup artist. Please let your artist know if you do not want to be photographed.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL/ POSTPONE - BRIDAL BOOKINGS
- In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and more specifically The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which replaced the previous Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, and the Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer's Home or Place of Work etc Regulations 2008 for all contracts made since 13 June 2014, please note that cancellation provisions do not apply to contracts to provide services related to leisure activities, if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance. Therefore, with regard to wedding bookings, GirlyGlam considers it is exempted from part 3 of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (The right to cancel).
- Whilst GirlyGlam considers it is exempted from Part 3 of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (The right to cancel) in the event you need to cancel or postpone your bridal booking between the date of agreement and 14 days prior to your wedding date, GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry will offer a refund of monies paid minus non-refundable booking fee, trial element if trial has taken place, any applicable fuel charges from the artists home to your location and any applicable parking charges as detailed on your invoice.
- The full amount of your Bridal booking will payable by you if 14 days notice is not given.
- At least 48 hours notice is required if you need to cancel or change your Bridal trial appointment. The full cost of your trial will be charged if 48 hours is not given. If you fail to show for your trial appointment the full cost of your trial will be charged.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL/ POSTPONE - NON- BRIDAL BOOKINGS
- With the exception of services booked within 14 days of Prom, Halloween and New Year’s Eve which are deemed by GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry to be exempted from Part 3 of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (The right to cancel) which states that cancellation provisions do not apply to contracts to provide services related to leisure activities, if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance, you have the right to cancel your occasion or lesson booking within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the date of the contract.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- Upon cancellation by you within the cancellation period, GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry will offer a refund of monies paid minus non-refundable booking fee (if applicable), trial fees if a trial has taken place, appointment fees if appointment has already taken place and any applicable fuel charges from the artists home to your location and any applicable parking charges as detailed on your invoice.
- Outside of the 14 day cancellation At least 48 hours notice is required if you need to cancel or change any appointment. The full cost of any treatment will be charged if 48 hours is not given. If you fail to show or provide an address for your appointment within 48 hours, the full cost of any treatment will be charged.
HOW TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Cancellations should be made by emailing [email protected]
MY RIGHTS, INCLUDING MY RIGHT TO CANCEL
- In the event of your Makeup Artist becoming unavailable for your contracted wedding date through unforeseen circumstances, GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry reserves the right to provide your service through another trained and fully briefed therapist.
- In the event GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry is unable to supply another therapist for your contracted wedding date, a refund (excluding money for work already carried out) will be given.
- In the event of Inclement weather, appointments with the exception of wedding days and special events may need to be rescheduled so as not to put the artist or client at risk on the roads. Please note that the decision to change an appointment due to adverse weather conditions is not made lightly, and is only considered where temperatures are subzero causing icy roads or if heavy snow is forecast.
- In the event of unforeseen delays on the day that are beyond our control including but not limited to clients not arriving at the required time or not following preparation instructions such as hair washing, refunds will not be offered for forfeited services. Compensation will not be offered if we overrun.
If you are in any way dissatisfied with any aspect of your experience, please put this in writing. GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry will try its utmost to resolve any problems.
Your Complaint should be addressed to:
GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry
20 Avenue Road
Gorleston On Sea
Norfolk NR31 6NZ
GirlyGlam Make-Up Artistry reserves the right to: Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website. Change to the conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website and/or its services.